Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fragments

Some of my dreams lately have been more of the action/adventure type. Not all, but a sizable fraction.

Of one of the dreams from last night, I have only fragments. The item that most sticks in my mind was a bridge: A very old metal moon bridge, very large, obviously only intended as a foot bridge (being the nature of moon bridges). Our team was crossing this bridge in a hurry, at least partly because the bridge was collapsing under us as we went. If we didn't cross that bridge before the collapse was complete, we would never whatever it was that the bridge spanned (it was night, and I didn't get a good look at what was underneath the bridge). We had to step quickly, but we had to step only in the right places to keep from falling through -- my job was to be first, and find those places to step.

I remember thinking as I crossed the bridge that there was someone in a following team that we were going to need, but she wasn't going to reach the bridge that we were on before it collapsed. I also remember not being concerned about it -- the lack of a bridge would not prevent her from crossing.

Our team wasn't there to secure the bridge -- our job was to find the right place for the next team to work once they arrived.

I don't know what the next team was supposed to do...

2 comments:

Sibylla said...

Mission Impossible music? O-o

I suspect that sort of fast paced action and urgency is metaphor for something. Perhaps the increasingly ugly situation that is developing?

Carw Gwynt said...

Yes, Mission Impossible music, my favorite 5/4 theme.

Sometimes when I record a dream like that, as I'm writing it down, I'm left saying to myself, "Ooo, obvious much?" I don't know if that's the real message (my dreams are nowhere near as vivid as yours these days).

Last night's dreams were fragmentary as well, to the point where the fragmentation actually came up in conversation during one of the dreams ("Where were you before you appeared here?" "I was in the UK...")